St Lawrence

Excursions in the County of Essex by Thomas Kitson Cromwell 1818

St. Laurence is also on the north side of Maldon river, or Blackwater Bay.

Here are the manors of East and West Newland Hall. St. Laurence Hall stands on the south side of the church.

 

A topical Dictionary of the United Kingdom by Benjamin Pitts Caper and Richard Cooper 1813

St Lawrence is a parish in the hundred of Dengie, Essex 8 miles from Maldon and 45 miles from London.

It contains 16 houses and 140 inhabitants.

It is near Ramsey and Osey Island on the shore of the River.

Essex by J Charles Cox 1909

St Lawrence Newland ( 5 m. from Southminster), a small scattered parish on the south bank of the Blackwater.

The church (St Lawrence) was re- built of Kentish rag in 1879.

 

Google
 
Web

www.essex-family-history.co.uk