Crouch Valley Line Station Masters 1889

When the new branch line  from Wickford to Southminster opened on 1 June 1889 staff had to be appointed to the new stations.

The Essex Standard reported that on the opening day a special train ran along the line with Station Masters, Porters etc stopping and dropping them of at their station.

The first Station Masters were

Battlesbridge - Mr F R Lilley transferred from Chelmsford

Woodham Fen - Mr F W Avery transferred from Worsted

North Fambridge - Mr H Pallant transferred from Bury st Edmund's

Althorne - Mr S W Pryke transferred from Stoke Newington

Burnham on Crouch - Mr F B Thain transferred from Lowestoft

Southminster - Mr C Leathers transferred from Ipswich

 

For the story of the Crouch Valley Line please

 

Google
 
Web

www.essex-family-history.co.uk